Some Notebooks are available for download, click on the desired Notebook to get a description. Citing from notebooks are completely allowed as long as the source is mentioned.
We sell the hard copies of the Notebooks. If you are interested in buying a Notebook please contact us via the contact form to the right or visit our online shop.
Click on the Notebook for a summary.
- No.1 The Place of Marxism in History, Ernest Mandel (40 pp. € 5.00) Download Notebook
- No.2 The Chinese Revolution - I: The Second Chinese Revolution and the Shaping of the Maoist Outlook, Pierre Rousset(32 pp.€ 5.00) Download Notebook
- No.3 The Chinese Revolution - II: The Maoist Project Tested in the Struggle for Power, Pierre Rousset (48 pp. € 5.00) Download Notebook
- No.4 Revolutionary Strategy Today, Daniel Bensaïd (36 pp. € 5.00) Download Notebook
- No.5 Class Struggle and Technological Innovation in Japan since 1945, Muto Ichiyo (48 pp. € 5.00) Download Notebook
- No.6 Populism in Latin America, Adolfo Gilly, Helena Hirata, Carlos M. Vilas, and the PRT (Argentina) introduced by Michael Löwy (40 pp. € 5.00) Download Notebook
- No.7/8 Market, Plan and Democracy: The Experience of the So-Called Socialist Countries, Catherine Samary (64pp. € 5.00) Download Notebook
- No.9 The Formative Years of the Fourth International (1933-1938), Daniel Bensaïd (48 pp. € 5.00) Download Notebook
- No.10 Marxism and Liberation Theology, Michael Löwy (40pp € 5.00) [Out of print] Download Notebook
- No.11/12 The Bourgeois Revolutions, Robert Lochhead (72pp. € 5.00) [Out of print] Download Notebook
- No.13 The Spanish Civil War in Euzkadi and Catalonia 1936-39, Miguel Romero (48pp. € 5.00) Download Notebook
- No.14 The Gulf War and the New World Order, André Gunder Frank and Salah Jaber (72pp. € 5.00)
- No.15 From the PCI to the PDS, Livio Maitan (48pp. € 5.00) Download Notebook
- No.16 Do the Workers have a Country?, José Iriarte "Bikila" (48pp. € 5.00) Download Notebook
- No.17/18 October 1917: Coup d'état or Social Revolution, Ernest Mandel (64pp. € 5.00) Download Notebook
- No.19/20 The Fragmentation of Yugoslavia: An Overview, Catherine Samary (60pp. € 5.00) Download Notebook
- No.21 Factory Commitees and Workers' Control in Petrograd in 1917, David Mandel (48pp. € 5.00) Download Notebook
- No.22 Women's Lives in the New Global Economy, Penny Duggan & Heather Dashner (editors) (68 pp. € 5.00)
- No.23 Lean Production: A Capitalist Utopia?, Tony Smith (68 pp. € 5.00)
- No.24/25 World Bank/IMF/WTO: The Free-Market Fiasco, Susan George, Michel Chossudovsky et al. [OUT OF PRINT]
- No.26 The Trade-Union Left and the Birth of a New South Africa, Claude Jacquin (92 pp., € 5.00)
- No.27/28 Fatherland or Mother Earth? Essays on the National Question , Michael Löwy (108 pp., €16, £10.99, $16)
- No.29/30 Understanding the Nazi Genocide: Marxism after Auschwitz, Enzo Traverso(154 pp., €19.20, £12.99, $19.20)
- No.31/32 Globalization: Neoliberal Challenge, Radical Responses, Robert Went (170 pp., €21.00, £13.99, $21.00)
- No. 33/34 The Clash of Barbarisms: September 11 and the Making of the New World Disorder, Gilbert Achcar (128 pp., €15.00, £10.00, $15.99)
- No. 35/36 The Porto Alegre Alternative: Direct Democracy in Action, Iain Bruce ed. (162 pp., €19.20, £12.99, $23.50)
- No. 37/38 Take the Power to Change the World , Phil Hearse ed. (144 pp., €9, £6, $12)
- No. 39/40 Socialists and the Capitalist Recession (with Ernest Mandel's 'Basic Theories of Karl Marx') Raphie De Santos, Michel Husson, Claudio Katz, (196 pp., €9, £7, $12)
- No. 41 Living Internationalism: The history of the IIRE (108pp, €5)
- No. 42/43 Strategies of Resistance & 'Who are the Trotskyists' Daniel Bensaid (196 pp., £6, €8, $10)
- No. 44/45 Building Unity Against Fascism: Classic Marxist Writings, Leon Trotsky, Daniel Guérin, Ted Grant (164 pp., €8, £6, $10)
- No. 46 October Readings: The development of the concept of Permanent Revolution, D. R. O’Connor Lysaght ed. (110pp, €5)
- No. 47 The Long March of the Trotskyists, Pierre Frank (168 pp €8, £6, $10)
- No. 48 Women Liberation & Socialist Revolution: Documents of the Fourth International, Penelope Duggan ed. (€8, £6, $10)
- No 49 Revolution and Counter-revolution in Europe From 1918 to 1968 Pierre Frank
- No 50 New Parties of the Left – Experiences from Europe Daniel Bensaid, Alain Krivine, Alda Sousa, Alan Thornett et al, May 2011 (€9, £7, $12).
- No 52 Capitalism - Crisis and Alternatives Ozlem Onaran, Michel Husson, John Rees, Claudio Katz et al., Summer 2011 (€8, £7, $11).
- No 53 DANGEROUS LIAISONS The marriages and divorces of Marxism and Feminism Cinzia Arruzza, prologue by Penelope Duggan
- No 54 China's Rise: Strength and Fragility Au Loong Yu with contributions from Bai Ruixue, Bruno Jetin & Pierre Rousset, 2012 (€26 Europa, €32 outside Europa).
- The Transitional Program for Socialist Revolution,
Leon Trotsky, Daniel Bensaïd, John Riddell.
- Fascism and the far right in Europe,
Piers Mostyn, Alf Filer, Dave Rosenburg.
- Dangerous relationships, Marriage and divorces between Marxism and feminism, Cinzia Arruzza, Penelope Duggan.
- Palestine in Crisis,
Camile Dagher, Cinzia Nachira, Roland Rance.
- Returns of Marxism,
Sara Farris, Joost Kircz.
- The thought of Leon Trotsky,
Denise Avenas, Michael Löwy, Jean-Michel Krivine.
- Introduction to Marxist Economic Theory (Third Edition),
Ernest Mandel, Özlem Onaran, Raphie de Santos.
Other Notebooks in progress include volumes on:
- LGBT strategies
- A introductory Marxist reader
- Women and the crisis
- China in transition
- Struggles of Indigeneous People in Latin America
- Ernest Mandel's Argent et le pouvoir (in French)
- Ecology and socialism
- Daniel Bensaïd.