Noam Chomsky is the Institute Professor Emeritus of linguistics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Avram Noam Chomsky, born December 7, 1928, American linguist, theorist, and political activist. Although widely known for his political activism and articles and considered as one of the most important voices on the USA-leftwing, Noam is also recognised as one of the most outstanding students of linguistics today, and the 8th most cited scholar of all times.
He is especially known internationally for his critics of the US-foreign policy, the War on Terror, on Drugs and on the media influence in US-society. He resides in the United States, but travels frequently giving lectures on politics.
- (1967). The Responsibility of Intellectuals
- (1970). At war with Asia
- (1974). Peace in the Middle East? Reflections on Justice and Nationhood
- (1979). After the Cataclysm: Postwar Indochina and the Reconstruction of Imperial Ideology (with Edward Herman)
- (1979). Language and Responsibility
- (1983). The Fateful Triangle: The United States, Israel, and the Palestinians
- (1985). Turning the Tide : U.S. intervention in Central America and the Struggle for Peace
- (1987). Turning the Tide: the U.S. and Latin America
- (1988). Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy of the Mass Media (with Edward Herman)
- (1992). Chronicles of Dissent
- (1993). Year 501: The Conquest Continues
- (1996). Powers and Prospects: Reflections on Human Nature and the Social Order
- (1996). Class Warfare
- (1997). Media Control: The Spectacular Achievements of Propaganda
- (2001). 9-11
- (2002). Understanding Power: The Indispensable Chomsky
- (2003). Hegemony or Survival: America's Quest for Global Dominance
- (2003). Znet article, Deep Concerns http://www.zmag.org/content/showarticle.cfm?ItemID=3293
- (2005). Chomsky on Anarchism
- (2005) Government in the future. Seven Stories Press. Text of the lecture given at the Poetry Center, New York, February 16, 1970.
- (2005). Imperial Ambitions - Conversations on the Post-9/11 World
- (2006). Failed States: The Abuse of Power and the Assault on Democracy
- (2006). Perilous Power. The Middle East and U.S. Foreign Policy. Dialogues on Terror, Democracy, War, and Justice (with Gilbert Achcar)
Noam Chomsky has publicated numerous books, articles and speeches.